On the fifth day of Blogmas…
One of my favourite things about Christmas is Christmas food. I love eating Christmas treats, from chocolate advent calendars to churros with hot chocolate to gingerbread cookies and the list goes on and on. (Always in moderation, of course!). The other day I was watching one of my favourite YouTubers, Zoe Sugg aka Zoella. She shared a video (at the end of this post) about quick & easy festive treats. I loved every single treat she made but one caught my attention: the Gingersnap Truffles.
I’m not that good at cooking or baking but since these were quick and easy to made, I decided to give it a go. I changed some of the quantities of the recipe, feel free to use this recipe or Zoella’s recipe. Without further ado, let’s get started!
- 26 gingersnap biscuits
- 2 Large spoons of Cream Cheese
- 1 Bar of White Chocolate
- Chocolate Sprinkles or Icing to Decorate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a blender or food processor to process your biscuits until they become very fine crumbs. Add in cream cheese and mix until fully combined. The dough should be moist enough to hold together when you press it into a ball.
- Shape the dough in any shape you want and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- When balls have set, prepare the coating by melting your white chocolate, stirring periodically to ensure no clumps remain.
- Using a toothpick, dip each ball into melted white chocolate, gently tapping side of bowl to remove any excess. Place back onto parchment-lined baking sheet and immediately top with your chocolate sprinkles or set them aside and then top with your chocolate icing to decorate. Repeat until all truffles have been coated.
- Refrigerate for ~15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Store truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up 1 month.
These gingersnap truffles were so quick and easy to make and they were so delicious. Thank you so much Zoella for the recipe!
What’s your favourite Christmas food?
You can check Zoella’s Quick & Easy Festive Treats here.