This time I’m reviewing a product: the Instax Mini 8 by Fujifilm. I’m also giving you a few tips and tricks to step up your Polaroid game.
Hello and welcome to another blog post! I can’t believe it’s February already! I started this blog a week ago and my two latest posts have over 300 readers already! Thank you so much to everyone who has read my blog. And if you are new reader, welcome!
This time I’m reviewing a product: the Instax Mini 8 by Fujifilm.
In case you don’t know what is this, it’s basically an instant camera, like a modern Polaroid but made by Fujifilm. This instant camera is lightweight compact and so adorable.
I like photography a lot, and that’s the main reason why I bought this cute little instant camera. I also bought it because I’ve always wanted an instant camera. I got it in 2014 when I was on vacation in the Philippines. Now, moving to the actual review of the product…
The Instax Mini 8 is available in white, black, pastel blue, pink and yellow. There are also new colours, like purple, red, turquoise… You have A LOT of colours to choose!
The package contains:
- 1 Instant Camera (Instax Mini 8)
- 1 Strap
- 2 Batteries LR6 (AA batteries)
- 1 Instruction Manual
Instax Mini film
The Instax Mini film it’s not included in the package.
There are two different Instant Mini film packs:
- One pack with 10 shots
- Two packs with 20 shots (10 shots per pack).
There are also special packs on eBay or Amazon with 50 photos (10 photos per pack) and also there are a lot of different packs, like gradients, etc.
How It Works
The Instruction Manual are like IKEA-style, without words.
Turn ON the Instax Mini 8
Press the right button. And wait a few seconds until the red lamp light in the back of the instant camera is off.
Adjust the brightness
The camera automatically determines the best brightness for taking a picture, and informs by lighting the corresponding lamp.
Take a picture
After adjusting the brightness for taking a picture, press the button below the view finder and the picture will come out.
Turn OFF the Instax Mini 8
Push the lens back and it will turn off automatically.
Instax Photo Album
The Instax Photo Album is available in a lot of different colours, like black, yellow, red… And it has space for 46 Instax Mini photos. You can buy them on the Fujifilm Store, eBay, Amazon or places or where they have Instax Mini products.
There are also cases for the Instax Mini 8. I don’t own one yet but you can buy them on their website, eBay, Amazon, etc.
Tips and Tricks
Even though I have my instant camera since 2014, I haven’t use it that much and I’m still practising to take better shots. However, I was searching and reading tips for taking better shots and I found this post:
Pros and cons about the Instax Mini 8
- The price of the Instant Camera is not expensive, and there are also bundles with the Instant Camera and a pack of 10 shots. It’s also a good alternative of the actual Polaroid cameras, that are more expensive.
- It’s compact and lightweight. You can put it in your bag.
- The camera is also easy to use. Just follow the instructions.
- You can find lithium batteries easily.
- The photos are credit card size. It’s very portable. You can put it on cute frames or even in your wallet.
- Parties or special events are more fun with instant cameras! You can take photos with your friends and have them in your Instant Photo album. You can also go on Pinterest to find some DIY ideas.
- The Instant Mini film is expensive. It costs around 1€/$/£ per photo.
- It will take you some time to take the perfect photo, experimenting with the lighting, etc. But it’s also upon the knowledge and the skills of the user.
- The view finder is not that accurate.
The decision about buying or not an instant camera is always up to personal preference.
I can’t wait to add more photos to my Instant Photo album this year and I will definitely make another post about it!
Have you ever used an Instax Camera? Are you thinking about buying one?
Until the next post,